- i-TEK has developed and deployed its first container tracking solution for a container freight station (CFS) / ICD using RFID, NFC, GPS technology.
- The system helps the CFS to locate real-time the container position in the yard for quick, easy and safe retrieval. This solution is deployed in several CFS locations in Mumbai, Chennai & Mundra.
- The first deployment has also won the PC Quest Award for automation.
- In India it is a common sight to see a kilometer long queue of trucks waiting to enter a container terminal / port.
- i-TEK had the opportunity to study the gate operations of one of the busiest ports in the county and conceptualized and developed a Gate Automation Solution integrated with the Terminal Operating System (TOS) of the port.
- The solution is based on RFID, Barcode, CCTV and other technologies.
- After deploying the first solution in the year 2014 the waiting time of the truck at the CISF / Customs Gate reduced from 5-10 minutes to less than a minute.
- This project on UHF RFID with CCTV surveillance has won the Digital India Enterprise Award for 2016.